International student competition. Thessaloniki 2014 award
The International Student Competition “Re-designing the cityscape from the forest to the seafront: Tritis Septemvriou Street” aimed at promoting landscape architecture projects within the context of a socio-ecological and perceptual approach, for regeneration, sustainability and upgrading of the urban environment.
The theme refers to a physical corridor, running from the slopes of Kedrinos Lofos to the seafront of Thermaikos Gulf, along with the adjacent urban sites or grounds of significant importance, such as the Waterfront Park, the City Hall and Museums, the International Fair and archaeological findings, the Universities.
Students were asked to: transform the existing urban landscape into a viable space for inhabitants and visitors, by taking into consideration the site’s potential for re-establishment of the lost continuity, public life and perception, ecological upgrade, to design a new landscape coming out from the existing one in the base of the site’s caring capacity, natural and cultural.
The publication under the title “Landscape Architecture. Ιnternational student competition. Τhessaloniki 2014 Award”, summarizes the whole effort and forms a memorandum to the successful completion of the first decade, 2003-2014, of the Postgraduate Program in Landscape Architecture (a Joint Program between the School of Architecture, Faculty of Engineering and the School of Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Environment).
Maria Ananiadou – Tzimopoulou
Emeritus Professor, School of Architecture, AUTh
- the Competition
- competition’s brief
- comments of the jury committee
- results of the competition
- the Symposium
- jury members session
- transport land use interaction towards sustainability, M. Pitsiava
- a version of reality, G. Zoidis
- Our Postgraduate Studies in ‘Landscape Architecture’: Some kind and generous thoughts, G. Papakostas
- the projects
- framework in progress, T. Verdeau, G. Lamontagne, C. Jaffre
- contain & connect, O. Mellegard, F. Angner
- through saloniki valley, O. Durek, J. Otto, M. Schrader
- opening the street in a dynamic unit, Kl. Peperko, N. Gothe, M. Seliskar, E. Harmel, D. Dusanic
- ‘urban re_traces’, V. Giouveznalis, A. Mentesidou, D. Sakkos
- ‘the green strip’, E. Markozani, D. Zervoudakis, Sp. Zouganelis
- ‘e-scapes: an urban ecology’, F. Emmanouilidou, A.Matami, D. Stefanidou, Chr. Charistou
- ‘green flow’, Ch. Ling, Y. Ji
- ‘bands to be united’, Chichiro Hagiwara, Roberta Ting Kwan Chu
- ‘tree of life’, Ann-Christin Karbach, Marius Kochem, Katharina Kolhagen, Kathrin Saueressig
- ‘the colored spine’, Ilias Oikonomakis, Angelos Siampakoulis
- ‘lift up – step on’, Yuan Lin, Xiaoxiao Lu
- ‘eCOHESION’, Jelena Rakocija
- ‘re – stream Salonica’, Loizos Loizou, Zacharias Hatziloukas
- ‘eco boulevard’, Lorenz Marggraf, Klaus-Peter Lorenz
- ‘guide line’, Sylvia Kim, Junying Yan, Zhi Wang, Xiaonan Hu, Rui Ding