Hellenic Electron Microscopy Society
Proceedings of the VII Scientific Congress
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki | 23 November 2001, Thessaloniki, Greece
Preface of the pesindent of the advisory board
The Hellenic Electron Microscopy Society (HEMS) has been active for 20 years since first established. Although it numbers 80 members, it constitutes a dynamic society with a rich scientific image, having organized among else 7 scientific confer-ences. Though dealing with a variety of subjects, the use of electron microscopy techniques has linked them in a very successful way.
This volume has extensively compiled the papers presented at the 7th Scientific Con-gress (23 November 2001, Thessaloniki) having also included the current scientific work of the Society members.
The edition of this volume has been taken care of by the Associate Professors Mrs. M. Kanellaki-Kyparissi (Vice-President of HEMS) and Mrs F. Komninou (Secretary of HEMS) as well as by Professor Mrs E. Kaldrimidou (Member of the Administra-tive Board of HEMS) to whom on behalf of the Society I express my very many thanks. I would also like to thank the Organizing Committee of the 7th Scientific Congress of HEMS.
Finally, all members of HEMS look forward to launching new collaborations with other European Societies of Electron Microscopy.
Ioannes Tsekos, President of Hellenic Electron Microscopy Society (HEMS)
Advisory Board of Hellenic Electron Microscopy Society
President: Ioannes Tsekos, Professor in Biology
Vice President: Maria Kanellaki – Kyparissi, Assoc. Professor in Medicine
Secretary: Philomila Komninou, Assoc. Professor in Physics
Treasurer: Dimitris Papadopoulos, Lecturer in Physics
Member: Eleni Kaldrymidou, Professor in Veterinary Medicine
Organizing Committee of the 7th Scientific Congress of the Hellenic Electron Misroscopy Society
President: Professor Theodoros Karakostas
Secretary: Associate Professor Kokona Kouzi-Koliakos
Treasurer: Associate Professor Nikolaos Papaioannou
Members: Associate Professor Varvara Diannelidou, Associate Professor Katerina Kaidoglou
- STRUCTURAL DEFECTS OF GaN THIN FILMS GROWN ON (0001) SAP-PHIRE
I. Kioseoglou, Ph. Komninou, G. Dimitrakopulos, Th. Kehagias, A. Georgakilas, G. Nouet and Th. Karakostas
- A STUDY BY SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPY OF WATER SUPPLY PIPES MADE OF ASBESTOS CEMENT AFTER A SIX YEARS USE
S. A. Sklavounos
- THE EFFECT OF THERMAL TREATMENT ON THE MICROSTRUCTURE OF STABILIZED LEAD-RICH SOLID INDUSTRIAL WASTES
P. Kavouras, G. Kaimakamis, Ph. Komninou, K. Chrissafis, K. E. Pa-vlidou, Th. Ioannidis, G. Dimitrakopulos, Th. Kehagias, S. Kokkou, C. P. Hadjiantoniou, K. Paraskevopoulos, J. Antonopoulos and Th. Kara-kostas
- PREPARATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF SILICALITE MEM-BRANES BY IN-SITU CRYSTALLIZATION ON POROUS ALUMINA SUP-PORTS
L. Nalbandian, P. Papazoglou, E. Efthimiadis, C.P. Nicolaides
- MICROMINERALOGY – A SEM-EDS APPLICATION
- ATOMIC MODELS FOR THE HEXAGONAL ΕrSi2/Si(111) INTERFACES
Ε. Koutentaki and N. Frangis
- SEM INVESTIGATION OF BIOLOGICAL APATITE POLYMORPHISM DEVELOPED IN VITRO ON DENTAL CERAMICS
L. Papadopoulou, E. Pavlidou, E. Kontonasaki, K. Paraskevopoulos, S. Sklavounos, P. Koidis
- THE CONTRIBUTION OF SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPY TO THE EFFECTIVE AND ACCURATE STUDY OF MATERIALS
E. Pavlidou, N.E. Maragoudakis, D.N. Tsipas, G. Stergioudis
- STUDY OF THE MORPHOLOGY OF POLYCRYSTALLINE CERAMIC MATERIALS BY DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING OF SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPY IMAGES
Nalbandian Lori, Zaspalis VassilisBiological Material
- IMMUNOHISTOCHEMICAL DETECTION OF TUBULOINTERSTITIAL NEPHRITIS ANTIGEN (TIN-AG) IN RABBIT AND HUMAN KIDNEY AND INTESTINE. STUDY WITH ELECTRON AND PHOTONIC MICROSCOPE
K. Kouzi-Koliakos, M. Kanellaki-Kyparissi, A. Bogdopoulou, A. Michael, A. Charonis
- GLOMERULONEPHRITIS IN DOGS INFECTED WITH LEISHMANIA INFANTUM
Κaldrymidou E., Tsalie E., Poutahidis Th. Koutinas A., Lekkas S.
- ULTRASTRUCTURAL FINDINGS IN TONGUE, AFTER EXPOSURE TO GAMMA IRRADIATION. Experimental study.
A. Ginalis, M. Dermentzopoulou, M. Kanellaki – Kyparissi
- MORPHOLOGICAL FEATURES IN VESSELS BEFORE USING THEM AS AUTOLOGOUS AORTOCORONARY BY- PASS GRAFTS
M. Kanellaki-Kyparissi and K. Kouzi-Koliakou
- SUPRAMOLECULAR ORGANIZATION OF CELL MEMBRANES AND CELLULOSE MICROFIBRIL ASSEMBLY AND ORIENTATION IN RED ALGAE